Information & Disclosure
Our service is available through the provisions stated in California under Sections 4600 – 4621 of the Business and Professions Code. We are CAMTC licensed body-workers with rights and privileges reserved for such individuals specified in the aforementioned code. We are not licensed physicians, DO’s, physical therapists or practicing medicine. Our scope of work legally allows us to perform the manipulation of soft tissue (including the manipulation of myofascia). We make no claim that we offer any other service.
To be clear, Myofascial Health does not perform any of the following:
- Conducts surgery or any other procedure on another person that punctures the skin or harmfully invades the body.
- Administers or prescribes x-ray radiation to another person.
- Prescribes or administers legend drugs or controlled substances prescribed by an appropriately licensed practitioner.
- Recommends the discontinuance of legend drugs or controlled substances prescribed by an appropriately licensed practitioner.
- Willfully diagnoses and treats a physical or mental condition of any person under circumstances or conditions that cause or create risk of great bodily harm, serious physical or mental illness, or death.
- Sets fractures.
- Treats lacerations or abrasions through electrotherapy.
- Holds out, states, indicates, advertises, or implies to a client or prospective client that he or she is a physician, a surgeon, or a physician and surgeon.